Nancy K. Ferrell
Dr. Ferrell is a Credentialed Distinguished Mediator with the Texas Mediator Credentialing Association.
December 1994 – Texas A&M Commerce, Texas
Ph.D. in Adult and Continuing Education
August 1984 – Texas A&M Commerce, Texas
MS in Adult and Continuing Education
May 1969 – Florida State University Tallahassee, Florida
BA in Business Management
1985 to Present – Professional Services & Education – Dallas, Texas
- Private Mediator and Trainer
- Contract mediator for U. S. Postal Service, U. S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and U. S. Department of Justice
- Private mediator for employment (including civil rights issues), contract, family, real estate, personal injury and business disputes.
- Arbitrator for the Dispute Settlement Board for Ford Motor Company.
- Courses offered annually in Basic Mediation, Family Mediation, Transformative Mediation, Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Building Trust, Advanced Mediator Skills Training and Conflict Resolution in the Work Place.
- Courses custom designed to meet needs of clients: including U. S. Department of Agriculture, U. S. Department of Justice, Arthur Anderson, and Weyerhaeuser.
- Contract trainer for Dispute Mediation Service, El Centro College and Richland College in Dallas, TX.
Nov 1995 – Sept 1996 U. S. Department of Justice – Washington, D.C.
- Served in Alabama on the S. Attorney General’s Church Burning Response Team.
- Provided on site conflict resolution in communities where churches were burned.
- Designed and conducted training with local, state, and federal agencies to meet the needs of communities experiencing hate crimes.
Sept 1985 to Oct 1995 – U. S. Department of Justice – Dallas, Texas
Mediator and Trainer (GM 14)
- Served primarily in Texas and Oklahoma as a mediator in civil rights cases, but was called to service in Atlanta, Denver, Washington, Alabama and North Dakota to supplement staff shortages.
- Provided on site conflict resolution in communities where civil rights violations were alleged based on the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
- Conducted over 1000 cases dealing with allegations of civil rights violations. The majority of cases were in the areas of employment, housing and alleged excessive use of force by law enforcement.
- Conducted assessments for compliance with Civil Rights Act and assisted communities and agencies in developing voluntary compliance procedures in over 100 communities.
Served as a faculty member to design and implement training courses on preventing and responding to violence, conflict resolution and mediation where civil rights violations were alleged.
- Association for Conflict Resolution, National Chapter Member
- Texas Association of Mediators, Member
- Texas Mediation Trainers Roundtable, Board Member
- Texas Mediator Credentialing Association, Credentialed Distinguished Mediator
- Oaks of Lakewood Home Owners Association, Board Treasurer
- Dispute Resolution Service of Dallas, Volunteer Mediator